Sunday, December 25, 2011

Macrobiotic Christmas Dinner 2011



I am so grateful to be spending Christmas back home on Guam with my family.  Guam is a day ahead so we celebrated Christmas tonight!  Here's some pictures of my macro Christmas dinner that I planned a menu for a few days ago.  Unfortunately I was unable to find corn on the cob anywhere on island :(  So I substituted with some hijiki made with carrots and onions, and some stewed kabocha squash.  My dad was a trooper and ate the same macro plate as me, he loved it and totally cleaned his plate :D  Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Yummy lentil loaf baking in the oven.  It was so delicious with so much flavor!
Couscous cake with kuzu stewed pear topping.  Sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top ;)
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I can't wait to try more recipes next year ;)  Oh and I came across this very clever alternative to a Christmas tree.  I so need to give this a go one year:



7 comments:

  1. I am so so glad to have finally found a really nice macrobiotic vegan blog <3 This is amazing!
    I really enjoy your post, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *posts

    Merry christmas by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI tsukemono,
    Thank you so much for your kind words :) Merry Christmas to you too and a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked thru all your recipes hoping to find the yummy lentil loaf you showed above - couldn't find it :( Can you please post the recipe??

    thanks
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Klara,
      Thank you for reading my blog! Here you go :
      http://themacroveg.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-macro-christmas-menu-2011.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you - glad I found your blog - will try that recipe - and looking forward to reading more delicious recipes

      Klara

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete