Saturday, January 7, 2012

Restaurant Review: Down to Earth (Honolulu, HI)

I created a takeout from the salad and hot food bar composed of sesame kale (my favorite!), fresh steamed veggies, tabbouleh,  and hijiki salad.

Winter break is over!!!!  Heading back to Cali!!!  On my way back to Cali from Guam I always stop in Hawaii for a few days to help break up the jet lag :P  Pretty much the only place in Honolulu, HI that I eat at is Down to Earth, which has AMAZING vegan, macro, and gluten free selections!  They are an all vegetarian food market that has a hot foods bar, salad bar, soup/stew bar, grab and go items including vegan manapuas and pizza, and a delhi where you can order vegan milkshakes, juices, burgers, acai bowls, tacos, and other yummies :P They even have a pastry area where practically all of their breads, muffins, and cookies are vegan.  This place is very similar to Whole Foods but better with a lot more options.  Usually after I eat my meal I peruse their  grocery area where they have an abundance of local produce and a pharmacy area where they have all natural vitamins, bath and beauty, and a very good health and wellness staff that knows their stuff.  I highly recommend that you stop here when you take a trip to Hawaii.  Even my family loves it here!  Recommendation, get a nice take out box (like above) take it to the beach and enjoy the island.  You can even go around the island and stop at their other locations for a pit stop.  The location I always go to is located right by the University of Hawaii.  However because of this, the area has its busy high times at 11:30-1pm and 4-6pm.  There is parking up the ramp on the side of the building and you get 1 hour free with validation.


No comments:

Post a Comment